Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

HTML5

Art

Art

What Art is to Me

Art is something that lets people express how they feel through designs or sketches. When a lot of people hear the word "art", they think of realistic drawings and paintings that they have no hope of achieving. But that's only one field of art; there are many kinds such as cubism, 3D, pointillism, etc. What people tend to forget is that art is not just making things that make other people go "Wow, that's really good!" To be honest, I hate those comments; yes it feels good to receive comments like it, but stop after "Wow, that's really good"; comments only gets irritating after that.
Art lets me escape into whole other universe. It lets me be myself. I can express myself in ways that other people never really understand. That's okay to me because art isn't made to please everybody, it's made to make everybody take a minute and think, look at the things in a different way. Art is full of creativity and imagination.

The Rebelious Form of Art

graffiti graffiti graffiti

The type of art that I particularly enjoy working with is graffiti. To me, graffiti is a form of art that lets me express myself in a manner not many understand. I'm a person who loves working with patterns, shapes, colors, and well, just about anything. Graffiti makes me feel like I have an unlimited amount of ways to express myself. Graffiti, as one can call it, is a really misunderstood form of art. Most people know graffiti as an act of vandalism, which some may be, and a punishable crime. Most think, "how dare they destroy [insert whatever noun you like]!" Graffiti is basically writing or drawings that have been scribbled, scratched, or sprayed in a very hard to read way. It would most definately score you an F on penmanship in school. Graffiti is generally found on walls or other surfaces, mostly in public places. Graffiti is not just writing your name in a cool font or writing; graffiti can also express underlying social and political messages.

to learn more about graffiti, click on graffiti history
to find out a brief history on various graffiti/street artists, click on graffiti artists

Wood Working

Along side graffiti, I enjoy making 3D objects. I think it's fascinating that one can make a 3D object just by cutting, folding, or molding an object to a certain position and it stands. I really like working with wood. The natural color of wood really draws my attention. I really like looking at the different patterns within a piece of wood before it is painted. To be honest, I wouldn't paint the wood; just add a finish clear coat to protect it. Many people don't enjoy the beauty and naturalness of an unfinished wood piece. Just like the human finger print, no tree has the same pattern; there are similar patterns, but not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment